We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to work primarily in our Cumbernauld office.
You will work as part of a team processing tenders from receipt to submission.
Duties to Include:
- Preparation of accurate and competitive cost estimates for a wide variety of projects
- Reviewing and reporting on the Client’s Enquiry to enable a decision to bid
- Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required
- Preparing subcontract & materials enquiries to supply chain & subsequent review of quotations received
- Building up accurate cost estimates for the permanent works in an elemental and analytical format.
- Preparing an accurate cost estimate for the indirect resources required to carry out the works in accordance with agreed programme
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme
- Preparing & presenting the commercial aspects of the tender to the Directors/Senior Managers for adjudication and approval
- Prepare the commercial tender for submission to the Client
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team
- File tender documentation in accordance with company procedure
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate with colleagues, Clients, Consultants and Directors
- Be able to work accurately, methodically & to strict deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in estimating
- Be able to work on own initiative & as part of a team
- Have experience of using computer estimating packages
Salary/Package negotiable depending on qualifications/experience
ALL APPLICATIONS IN WRITING TO;
Souters Sports is an equal opportunities employer.
To download or print this position please click here.